Saturday, August 1, 2009

Challenge 8 - First Strike

A little late to the punch but if I do another post tomorrow, it's okay.

To start, I will do one paragraph on each game idea, then based on the favorite I will fledge that one out in the next post.

  1. Zombie Karaoke Uncensored
    The idea here is that you are singing karaoke in a bar in the middle of the zombie apocalypse. Your singing directly determines how much zombie ass you kick. So for example, say you get Love Shack by the B52's. Your character in-game has a pistol and a microphone. As you're singing, zombies are approaching. If you are singing well, your damage multiplier continues to increase and your character keeps shooting the heads off of zombies. Sing poorly, your multiplier goes to 1, your gun jams, you get bitten, and eventually die.
  2. Satan's Soccer Adventure
    Satan and his soccer team are on a quest to win the world cup! After taking down Brazil and Italy, the Forces of Heaven begin to realize that something is wrong and form their own team to beat Satan back to hell, and soon all manner of religious and mythical characters enter the fray, leaving Earth's soccer teams to wonder just what the hell is going on. The game plays like a mix of Fifa and Devil May Cry. While you can go ahead and play soccer, score points and all that, you can also whip out your guns, swords, and spells to win by any means necessary.
  3. Awesome Writing Fighter
    This game pits literature's most awesome writers of all time together to duke it out and prove that the pen is, in fact, mightier. Choose from Machiaveli, Edgar Allen Poe, Steven King, J.K. Rowling, and more! Each has abilities representing their writings, such as Machiaveli's swordsmanship and swooning, Poe's dark and depressing imagery bombardments, King's horrific axe mutilations, and Rowling's wizard-esque spells (Avada Kadavra would, of course, have the most ridiculous button combination ever).
So, which one is your favorite, i.e. which should I expand upon further?

2 comments:

  1. Hmm...
    Heh, you took "Awesome Writing Fighter" in a totally different direction than what I was planning... (still plan to make my prototype of my insane vision for that one... it could either be awesome and hilarious or horrible and hilarious. It's nothing like your vision, though-- not that that's a bad thing.)

    The one that entertains me the most is the Zombie Karaoke one. I think that given my tastes I would find it the most fun.
    So... that may be my favorite.
    I'd also like to see how you'd go into more detail about the nitty gritty details of how the game would work for that one.

    of course, I would for all of the above.
    So, I'd be happy with any of them, but if I had to pick a favorite...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zombie Karaoke Uncensored reminds me of one of the boss battles in Stubbs the Zombie (which prominently featured Love Shack iirc).

    ReplyDelete